Want to run the National Gallery?
September 22 2014
Then click here for the candidate brief. This is what you need:
• A recognised and established leader in the art world with an international reputation for excellence and an outstanding record of achievement.
• Expert knowledge of The National Gallery’s collection probably with experience gained in museums or academia.
• Management experience gained in a major institution, with a track record of motivating staff, managing performance and delivering change.
• A proven ambassador with experience of successfully persuading and influencing a range of audiences, including funders.
• A passionate advocate for the role of old master painting in the modern world with the ability to communicate this passion widely.
• The ability to lead with wisdom, imagination and energy.
• A strategic thinker with a clear vision for the future of the National Gallery and the ability to provide direction whilst encouraging entrepreneurship, spontaneity and creativity in others.
• An exceptional communicator with the ability to inspire staff, engage supporters and excite partners; the ability to build relationships of trust and strength through diplomacy and persuasion.
• The ability to manage financial, operational and commercial activities including meeting ambitious targets for both income generation and efficiencies.
• The ability to demonstrate confidence, resilience and effectiveness in a high profile role; an impressive leader who can handle demanding organisational and political contexts well.
• A practical, inclusive and open management style with the ability to generate confidence, build teams, take difficult decisions and deliver change.
Applications close 6th October.